Sunday, March 24, 2013

Inadequacy of Motherhood

There is no such thing as inadequacy as a mother. Its hard. Its scary. But as long as we are trying things will work out. I always had a picture in my mind of how motherhood would be---I wasn't completely off, but its defiantly different then I expected. Its a lot harder. There is so much more worry. Im worried about her in the present and in the future. I think about her pretty much every second of everyday. Dallas and I are really trying to be good parents. And although there are a few things that Im NOT good at:
** I dont like to clip her nails so they are long until my sis/sis-in-law clip them.
** I'm still scared to feed her a bottle because she chokes(not so much any more but she use to), and I'm use to breastfeeding.
** I dont like hearing her sad or cry so the second I hear her sad I get nervous---especially when other people are holding her because I dont want them to think I have a fussy baby and I'm a bad Mom.
**I still dont like to take her in public that much---too many germ. (I need to get over this one)
**And many many more
BUT despite these things I'm not so good at, I also have many things that I am good at. I am trying so hard to be a good Mom. I love my baby more then I could even imagine. She is being raised by parents that care about her. She is being raised by parents that love her. She is a happy baby who loves to talk to us and be around us. There is no such thing as inadequacy of motherhood---as long as you are trying.





No comments:

Post a Comment